Friday, May 24, 2013

Growl on, my friends.

Today's post is showcasing what may be one of my favorite forms of reusing: the growler. 

No need for me to reinvent the wheel, especially when the folks over at Daily Loaf hit that proverbial nail on the head in their article titled Sustainable Beer 101: A Guide to Growlers:


A newest growler available at the Culpeper Cheese Company.

Most decent beers are packaged in brown glass, which is a notorious expensive bitch to recycle. Growlers take the brown glass ethical quandary out of brew consumption. They are sustainable, reusable, totally eco-friendly; think of it as the canvas bag of beer drinking.

The chalkboard tap available at Green Roost.
Right on, guys. I couldn't agree more.

Are you wondering where you can pick up your Growler for your Memorial Day Weekend festivities? Well, I have some great news! You can now buy and refill your own growler at the Culpeper Cheese Company (who conveniently happens to be located next door to our store...holla!). That's right, all you Culpeperites have a local hookup for all your growling needs. You don't even have to leave the 22701 zip code. Not sure about you, but I'm pumped.

While you're there, make sure to check out the tap collection. See the sweet chalkboard one with the sprocket on top? That little number is brought to you by our BFFs over at Yesterday Reclaimed (I know what you're thinking..."what will Roque think of next?")! And it gets better...you can pick one of your own right here at Green Roost! If you have a Dad like mine (Hi, Dad!), who loves good beer and is impossible to buy for, this is the perfect gift (pssst...Father's day is June 16th).

If I were you, I'd be getting in my car right now and coming to Downtown Culpeper to get my first growler filled before the masses catch on. Oh, and if you see me in line, waiting to fill up mine, remember who sent you...because they sell beer by the glass, too (hint).

No comments:

Post a Comment