Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reppin' the Roost Project

If you were on our facebook page yesterday, you got a sneek peak of today's blog post about a mini-project I took on earlier this week.

After I finished the counter makeover at the store, I decided something was still missing. 


I loved the end result, but there were two things I thought the new counter needed: 1) a pop of color and 2) our name. I love when I walk into a store, and have an immediate reminder of the name. I think a store's name is a big part of the "vibe" (or at least it's that way with us). So, I set off on an internet search for custom lettering that wouldn't break the bank. 

I looked at metal, plastic, and even glass words/signs/prints...but nothing seemed to fit. That was until I stumbled across The Lettered Lane Etsy Store. Brittany's shop features custom painted wood lettering, which was exactly what I was looking for. I sent her a little note to see if she could do "green roost" in unfinished wood, and within 5 minutes she has responded with the big "yes".  Instant gratification is totally my thing; and I love people who are uber-accommodating. Both make my life so pleasant. 

I went with the unfinished wood, because I have approximately 85 million cans of paint in my stock room, and surely could use one of those colors. In the end, the sign ended up costing around $60, and was worth every penny.

Fast-forward 3 weeks, and my ever-so-nice mail carrier dropped my custom sign off at my door. A few minutes later, I was painting the sign a fun, limeish green (this totally accomplished my "pop" of color off the black & white background) and within an hour, this was my finished product:


It really pops, doesn't it? What do you think about the new addition?


No comments:

Post a Comment