Friday, March 22, 2013

This event is going to be totally....Gnarly.

Starting today, you may be seeing this rocking poster (thanks to the über-talented Brent Logan of Brentamental Media), hangin' around our little town.


It's, um, perfect. Right? 

The Gnarly Hops and Barley Fest is an event that's near and dear to my heart. Basically, because I love good beer and I love good food, and that's what this "fest" is all about. I mean, who doesn't want to spend their Saturday tasting quality craft beers and eating food off a stick? Sounds like heaven to me...

Wondering what amazing beers you'll be tasting? Well, lucky for you, I happen to by the chairman for this little event, which means I have the inside scoop (in all honesty, all the info is also on our website, www.gnarlyhops.com). Either way, here's the rundown:


3 Brothers Brewing (Harrisonburg, VA)
Apocalypse Ale Works (Forest, VA)
Bold Rock Hard Cider (Nellysford, VA)
Devils Backbone Brewing Company (Lexington, VA) 
Goose Island Beer Co. (Chicago, Illinois)
Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, MD)
James River Brewing (Scottsville, VA)
Kona Brewing Company (Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island)
Legend Brewing Company (Richmond, VA)
Old Dominion Brewing Co. (Dover, Delaware)
Red Hook (Woodinville, WA)
Roanoke Railhouse (Roanoke, VA)
Shock Top (St. Louis, MO)
Starr Hill Brewing Company (Crozet, VA)
Blue Mountain Brewery (Afton, Virginia)
Dogfish Head Beer (Milton, Delaware)
Long Trail Brewing (Bridgewater Corners , Vermont)
Ommegang (Cooperstown, NY)
Otter Creek Brewing (Middleberry, VT)
Peak Organic Brewing (Portland, ME)
St George Brewing Co (Hampton, VA)
Terrapin Beer Co (Athens, Georgia)

Sign me up.

But wait, there's more! We have two ridiculously talented bands coming to play the fest. Because nothing goes well with good beer like live music. If you haven't heard of either of these bands, go check them out. Right now. Aberdeen Green will be the opening act, and they'll be followed by our headliner, Bryan Elijah Smith and the Wild Hearts. I've heard both live (several times), and I am super pumped I get a whole day of them. 

In a nutshell, if you're down for good beer, good food, good music and an all-around good time, the Gnarly Hops and Barley Fest is going to be your dream come true. We are selling tickets here at Green Roost, and you can pay with cash, check or credit card. If you want any more information about the event, click over to the Gnarly Hops website, and I'm sure all your questions will be answered. If not, give me a buzz at 540-829-6378.

And you better hurry up, there's only a limited number of tickets being sold...and I'd hate for you to miss out.


1 comment: