Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

Today, I've chosen not to post about a new product or a store special or an upcoming event. Today, I'd just like to give thanks.  I'm thankful for many things every day, but sometimes I forget to share my gratitude.

I'm thankful for you, our customers, because without you there wouldn't be Green Roost. Without you, there would be no store, no website, and no blog. Without you, I wouldn't have a reason to come to Davis Street every morning, and open my doors for business. Most importantly, without you, I wouldn't love my job the way I do. You make this store worth opening.

I'm also thankful for the fabulous women that work here. Without these ladies, I'm not sure what I would do. I'm lucky to know that in my absence, they take care of the store the same way that I would. 

I'm thankful for this community, which I'm proud to call my own. Whether we all  realize it or not, Culpeper is special. Even though I wasn't raised here, I'm so fortunate to call Culpeper my home.

I'm thankful that I'm able to do what I love. I find myself to be so fortunate that at this age, I already have a career that makes me happy. Owning this store, in this community, is most certainly what I was meant to do.

And personally, I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my health, and all the blessings I have in my life.

So, whether you watch the parade or football, eat turkey or take-out, prefer mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

See you bright and early on Friday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment