Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prismera

Who doesn't love jewelry? It's the icing on our cake. The cherry on top of our ice cream sundae. The concluding statement of our daily fashion message.

One of my favorite categories to shop for is jewelry, mainly because of the people who make it. The artists we work with never cease to amaze me. They all have incredible stories, as do their pieces of jewelry.

Prismera is the brainchild of Laura Su, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the New York Gift Show. While buying at the show, whenever a jewelry line catches my eye, I pray that their philosophies are in line with our store. Laura's are. Here's her brief autobiography:


This company was created so that I could carve a place for myself in the world. A place to design, to dream, and to do good.

The work that I create is traditionally influenced but crafted in a modern style. My design philosophy is based on versatility, comfort, and sustainability. I'm most often influenced by the natural world, the Craft Revolution, ancient ornamental and decorative arts and Art Nouveau.

Thank you for viewing my work and for supporting independent design.

How can you not love her mission? "Versatility, comfort and sustainability." It sounds perfect to me. And wait until you see her necklaces. They are nothing short of phenomenal. Here's an example of her nature-inspired necklaces...


But we encourage you to come in and try one on. Once it's around your neck, you won't want to take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment