Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mac's Smack

Well, I'm back from a couple weeks of vacation, and ready to start blogging again! My creative juices are replenished, and I'm ready to roll through this summer.

Sometimes, I don't find new lines for the store...they find me. In fact, it can be rather serendipitous when a new lines crosses my path. In this case, I was a bridesmaid in a wedding, and the genius (like really guys...he's a genius. You can find him here.) makeup artist, Rusty, happened to mention his friend, who makes natural lip balm out of her kitchen in Hanover. As soon as he started describing McKenzie and her line, I knew we'd be the perfect fit.  Here's the story of Mac's Smack (taken from her website):

Becoming a mother in 2006, McKenzie Payne found herself reading every label, growing food for her family, eating locally grown and considering every product she purchased. She had a vision to independently produce a unique line of products using locally sourced materials that would bring comfort and ease to all who used them.


McKenzie started studying and researching the most safe and effective ingredients closest to their natural state from Mother Nature. There were late nights at the stove mixing and pouring. There were many trips around town gathering up materials and ingredients needed to create something better than the mass-produced products on the shelves of the super market chains. The UPS trucks arrival was a very joyful occasion (still is). While working with local printers, beekeepers and natural food stores, McKenzie set up shop at local Farmer’s Markets and community events.

McKenzie is dedicated to creating minimalist formulas without the use of chemicals or suspected carcinogens. To this day there are a lot of late nights in the kitchen experimenting with ingredients, testing formulas and banging out products. While combining her passions for healthy living and helping others, with her slight fascination for lip and body care products, McKenzie designed Mac’s Smack.

As soon as I heard from McKenzie, I placed an order. I have no doubt that you are all going to love her line as much as I do. Right now, we are carrying all of her lip balms and her "Ultimate Fix", which I'm already obsessed with. I promise, you are going to get hooked.

More new on the blog tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment