Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beef love.

Today, I have a confession to make. A big one.

While I love the idea of both Vegetarianism and Veganism, and would love to say that one day I aspire to go meat-free, I have to concede to the fact that it's just not going to happen. In all honesty, at the end of the day, it's quite simple...I love beef. 

You may be wondering what this has to do with the store and our daily blog post, but don't fret, I'm heading to my point. 

My love of beef is going to help you understand my love of our newest product line. I am thrilled to say that we are now carrying the fabulous unbleached tea towels from girls can tell. I stumbled upon this line when the artist, Sara, sent me a post card introducing her line. Little did she know, that with one little image of a cheeseburger, I would be hooked. Here is that cheeseburger:


How perfect is that design? It will be proudly hanging in my kitchen asap. But it doesn't end there. Her towels also happen to use one of my all-time favorite art concepts, butcher's diagrams of animals. I've always been fascinated by these simple sketches that map out where out meat is coming from. I mean, before this image, did you really know which part of the cow your skirt steak came from? I didn't think so...


We are carrying 5 designs from girls can tell, including the cheeseburger, butcher's diagram of both a cow and a pig, a diagram of a deconstructed bicycle, and a fabulous designs of kitchen utensils. Here a pig shot for all you pork-lovers out there:


They're here, just waiting for you to pick one up!

*all images from girlscantell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment