Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Elephant huntin'

That title may be a bit misleading, as I have never actually hunted for anything.  The closest I've ever come to hunting is killing the occasional spider in the store (I went fishing once, but only caught seaweed, so I don't think that counts).

Anyway, in spite of my general dislike of real taxidermy, I seem to have quite the affinity towards the paper variety. If you've been to the store in the past 6 months, you may have noticed our collection of Cardboard Safari animal trophies has grown quite a bit. When we started with Cardboard Safari, we just featured their Buck head. Now, we're up to seven animal friends: Bucky the Buck, Fred the Moose, Rocky the Ram, Billy the Bison, Robbie the Rhino, Tex the Texas Longhorn, and our new friend, Eyan the Elephant. (Please excuse Tex's absence in this picture...he's on a brief hiatus and will be returning next week).


I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon on "safari" (aka assembling our new pal), and decided this was a journey worth documenting. First, I had to really eye down my target and develop my plan of attack:


Then, I needed to deconstruct my prey for the actual hunt:


And before I knew it, I was the proud owner of my very own Elephant trophy:


You, too, could bring home your very own Eyan the Elephant trophy today. Just like the rest of our friends, he's only $56. Heck, if you ask nicely, we'll even assemble him for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment