Friday, August 17, 2012

Start spreading the news. I'm leaving today...

...Well, actually, I'm leaving on Sunday. In just a few days, I'll be making my bi-annual journey to good ol' New York City for the Gift Show. I look forward to the gift show every year, because it's the place where I gain my greatest inspiration. I get to see thousands of vendors in a 4-day period, from my old favorites to the new & hot. I love to see what trends are starting to arise, and which vendors have proven that they can stand the test of time by staying classic but current.

This is also an exciting time for the store, because it kicks off the beginning of our busiest time of year. After the gift show, deliveries start pouring in daily, and you, the customers, get to see all the new merchandise I've picked for the season. I love sharing my finding with shoppers, because they never fail to get as excited about new products as I am.

Selfishly, I also look forward to the gift show, because it means I get to be in New York City. It may sound cliche, but I love New York. I love the people, the sounds, the sights, the food, the crowded streets. I love it all. I've been privileged enough to visit this incredible city a countless number of times in my life, and it never gets old.  We're so lucky in Culpeper, since we're just a 5-hour train ride away from the city. The travel couldn't be easier!

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures of my new discoveries, and will be blogging all about them once I get back to the store. Don't worry, the Green Roost girls will be here to take care of you while I'm gone, so if you need anything, we'll be open are usual hours.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment